School Messenger is the new phone, email and SMS messaging system used by Jefferson County Public Schools (JCPS) to communicate school cancellations, safety alerts and other important information to you. It replaces our previous system, One Call Now. The following process will show you how to enter your contact information, set your preferences and “opt in” to continue receiving these messages from JCPS and/or your child’s school.
Student should NOT be dropped off on Jackson Street. Cars stopping in the middle of traffic is a safety concern.
Please keep Lampton Street clear for buses.
Carpool information and Reminders:
1.) All students who are car riders should go to the cafeteria after they are dismissed from 6th period. No students should be waiting in the office for parents to arrive.
2.) Any student who has received a carpool number should have received 2 placards. If you need an additional one, please contact the Main Office at 485-8299.
3.) Only students who are regular car riders (average of once a week or more) will receive a carpool number. We have found students who do not use their number on a consistent basis do not remember their number. If your student is an occasional rider, please tell him/her to report to the cafeteria. You will need to come through the carpool line, tell the person outside your student's name, and we will send out your student.
Click the link above to access the Libary's guide. You will find the most recent updates and Meyzeek library news on the LibGuide site.
- JCPS Showcase of Schools at the Kentucky International Convention Center
- Meyzeek Prospective Student Open House: Thursday, October 21, 2021 VIRTUAL
- Meyzeek Application Due: Wednesday, December 15th, 2021
Mandatory JCPS Online Registration
Before submitting application materials to Meyzeek, parents/guardians must complete the online JCPS school choice component of the process. To do so, click the green "Register and Apply" button or go to: https://apps.jefferson.kyschools.us/StudentAssignment/LandingPad/CurrentStudent.aspx
The following students can apply for admission to Meyzeek Middle School MST Magnet Program:
- Any current 5th, 6th or 7th grade student living within our MST area.
- Any current 5th, 6th or 7th grade Meyzeek base area student planning on attending Meyzeek.
- Any 6th or 7th grade Meyzeek student living within our MST area and who is not currently in the MST program.
*Students already accepted into the MST program need not reapply.
The Meyzeek Admission Committee will review the following criteria for acceptance:
- Academic Record – Grade point average of 3.2 or higher over the past 2 years.
- Standardized Test Results – Proficient test scores on the KPREP and grade level on the MAP test during the last 2 years. Test scores for non-KY or private school can include the CTBS, Terra Nova, Stanford Test of Academic Skills, etc.
- Attendance Record – An attendance record of 96% or higher over the past 2 years.
- Behavior Record – Consistently and/or frequently displays behavior expectations based on the report card, and no serious discipline problems.
- All parents/guardians must complete the online JCPS school choice component of the process. To do so, click the green square "Register and Apply" button found on the Jefferson County Public School’s website or click on APPLY on the Meyzeek Home Page Quick Links and then click the green button. Once the application has been processed, the first choice school is notified of the application. Move to Step 2.
- Obtain transcripts.
A. If your child is a JCPS student and has been the past 2 years, you do not need to do anything. We will receive all data
points electronically from JCPS.
B. If your child is not currently a JCPS student, please submit a transcript packet to the Meyzeek office NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 15, 2021 at 4:00pm. The packet should include the following: *report cards for the prior school year plus the current school year’s 1st semester grades
*standardized test results for prior two school years
*attendance record for prior school year plus the current school year
*behavior record for prior school year plus the current school year
C. If your child is currently a JCPS student but attended a school outside of the district or state in the prior school year,
please submit a transcript packet to the Meyzeek office no later than December, 15 2021 at 4:00pm . The packet should
include the following:
*report cards for the prior school year
* standardized test results for the prior 2 school years
*attendance record for the prior school year
*behavior record for the prior year
Contact the Main Office at 485-8299